Coming back from a relaxing and fun vacation in Sanibel with my mom, I thought it was time to give a few updates now that summer is in full effect [as of last week]:
1. Spring Semester
I made it through my second semester and ended my first full year as a student with great grades again! I made out with four As and two Bs, which isn't perfect but perfection isn't everything and I have tried not to be too hard on myself about it. I believe I will be put on the Dean's list for fall semester again, and that alone makes me happy.
I am eligible for early acceptance into Rockhurst's graduate program, so I am in the middle of prepping for the GRE that I have to take in fall. Hopefully with a high score on that, along with my good grades and professor recommendations, I will have a seat waiting for me should I not be accepted to KU's dual program.
Speaking of: I have been chatting with a professor at KU and will hopefully find a mentor to follow for fall of 2018- fingers crossed
[^^^ this would be a dream come true, but I am not putting all my eggs in one basket]
2. Miss Atti Roux
Our little princess is going to MONTESSORI SCHOOL! She stared at the Montessori Academy on Cherry about a month ago and is really enjoying it. I think it took her a bit to get used to because there are more kids and everything is new, but it seems like she has adjusted well. We just need to potty train her and she can move up into the older kids room. We aren't holding our breath.
3. Self-renewal
This past vacation has given me a new outlook on my life and wellbeing. I have decided to completely quit smoking [on day 4 right now] and focus on my physical and mental health. Although it sounds counterproductive, I cancelled my gym membership and will be doing drop-in classes around KC. I have realized the mundane gym workouts are keeping me from being interested in my health and I know that if I do random activities, I will enjoy what I am doing while actually getting some benefit from it. I have a noon yoga class on Wednesday planned already!
I am really excited for the changes that this year will bring.
I know that it is going to take a lot of hard work and motivation,
but I really have faith in myself for the first time in a long time.
New outlook, new self, new happiness!
0 comments:
Post a Comment