January 18, 2015

Update: Three weeks

We have made it to week three without killing anyone or hurting ourselves, so I say it's a success so far! Atticus is slowly getting into an actual routine (with the exception of her fighting going to sleep right now- I hate hearing her cry!) and I am slowly starting to regain my sanity. School started last Monday and has turned out to be a lot less stressful than I imagined. I'm actually finding some relief in school work, as if I have something to look forward to every day that doesn't involve being a mom- something that I can feel proud of selfishly, for my own personal happiness and not that of anyone else's- it's something I think every mom should have for themselves so they don't get swallowed up by the neediness of the baby. I also got to go out for a girl's night for the first time in almost a year; it made me feel some semblance of normalcy again. Sierra and I went to Rieger for a cocktail and then met up with some friends at Julep, hopped over to Harry's (of course) and then ended at Char Bar- quite intoxicated, might I add. But I deserved it, if I do say so myself. I don't see another one happening any time soon, however, I missed my little girl and I didn't like feeling as if I couldn't contribute to taking care of her when I got home. I guess being a mom is rubbing off on my irresponsible side and I like it.



It has been quite the rocky road for the past two weeks, but we are getting through it one baby step at a time. Last Wednesday we got Atti into the crib for the first time- it didn't start off very well, but now she is going down with little to no crying and I'm starting to get the hang of what cry means what and how long I should wait before jumping in to rescue her. Hopefully by the one month mark we will have her on a good schedule with a bit of consistency so we can all sleep better. Her one month is next Tuesday, I'm excited to see how big she's gotten!!

Baby update!!!
How old: 3 weeks

Feeding: Breastmilk only, but now taking bottles! Blade had a bit of an issue getting her to accept the Tommee Tippee bottles, so I went out and got a Playtex Vent-air bottle which she accepts. We have to make sure the nipple is warmed up, but otherwise there aren't any issues. She's eating about 2oz per feeding, and giving her a bottle about once a day so she gets used to it.

Sleep: As of last week, she is sleeping in the crib about 70% of the time. When she's just too fussy, or I'm too tired to try to wear her out, I still let her sleep on me. But now I'm getting into a good rhythm on when to put her down and how so hopefully by the end of the month we will have a regular napper on our hands.

Dirty stuff: I have officially been pooped and peed on during a couple different occasions. She is still hurting when she has to go potty, usually while feeding which is frustrating for the both of us, but she's having regular wet and dirties. Her umbilical stump FINALLY fell off a couple days ago and her navel is almost completely healed, so I gave her the first real bath yesterday. She loved every second until it came time to pull her out and dry her off, she isn't a fan of the cold air.

Milestones: According to the books, she's excelling at all the stuff she should by the end of the first month- she can hold her head up and turn it 90 degrees, she can bring her hands knowingly together and up to her face, and she is starting to focus on your eyes instead of your forehead or mouth. Still haven't gotten a true smile out of her, but it's coming soon enough I'm sure. She's getting some chunkiness in her little arms and thighs, and her legs are getting too long for the newborn onesies (although the rest of her still fits in them so it just looks like she's wearing high water pants).

Upcoming: We are excited for her one month appointment to see what the doctor says about her progress, I'm sure she will get a perfect review. Also, I'm starting back at The Drop this week, so it will be interesting to see how she fares without me. Hopefully Blade will stay on her schedule and we can continue on this path, I think she's doing great for only three weeks so it makes me hopeful for the future.

Don't let the picture fool you, she won't take a binkie willingly.

(3 weeks <3)

Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment