But I can honestly say that I have never been happier and felt more content with where I am in life than right now:
I have a wonderful family.
I have my health.
I have a flexible job.
I'm doing great in my classes.
I'm on track to a real career.
IT IS HOLIDAY SEASON!
Ok, so maybe that last reason is just a temporary perk but it is still valid right now. School has started right alongside with fall and I can already feel my heart growing bigger in preparation for the holidays. We have a BBQ planned for next week, which hopefully won't get rained out, and then I get to start decorating for Halloween/Thanksgiving- Blade is going to Ireland a couple days after the BBQ so I am going to decorate everything while he's gone so he can't say no! :)
Speaking of the fantastic Mr. Moore: he put together a wonderful birthday weekend for me and I've never been more wooed. On Saturday he planned for my girlfriend, Madeline, to come in from Columbia and take me out for the night. We bar hopped a bit and then went to the Majestic for dinner with Sierra and then up to the Pendergast club, Tannin, and Harry's. Then on Sunday, her and I had brunch and relaxed before Blade threw me the keys to an airBNB that he rented for the night in Midtown. It was absolutely beautiful and cozy and was the perfect little getaway- complete with some bubbly rose and lillies. He took me out for cocktails and then dinner at Justus Drugstore and we ended the night cuddling up with some Netflix- needless to say, he spoiled me. It was the sweetest weekend and it definitely helped to give us an opportunity to reconnect a little without being 'mom and dad'.
All in all, I think August and September have marked a new era in my life and given me a new appreciation for the people and things that I have around me. I also have a new order or focus for the new season: family, school, soul--> I will make more time for my loved ones, my studies, and myself. I may be the oldest chick in my class, but I will also be the most fulfilled.
0 comments:
Post a Comment