Outside of Bean Town: New and exciting news--- my mom finally got a job in KC and is moving back in less than two weeks!! I'm so excited to have her so close, especially with the baby on the way, and that she gets to be happy again. I know that she was miserable in Joplin, so it will be incredible to have her so near to friends and family, and I will get to spend more quality time with her. She is officially the new HR manager at the 7th Street Casino- only about a five minute drive from us. Atti will love having her Mema around all the time!!
Also, I decided that I'm not going to be returning to The Drop, or work at all for that matter, once I go on maternity leave. It's time that I focus on a real future for myself and go back to school full time. By then, I will be in good standing with my student loans, and I will be able to just take out loans for classes and living expenses (like normal college students) for a while. Eventually, if I get bored, I'll go back to bartending a night or two a week- but this gives me the chance to work toward a career and raise my daughter without any distraction. I've never been so excited for a new year before.
^^Miss Bean finally has a face
^^No more Skeletor baby!!
Her nose is squished b/c of her knee^^
She was folded in half again this time^^
Pregnancy Update
How far along: 24 weeks
Symptoms: Besides the pain from gas and constipation (sorry if it's TMI but this is real life), I haven't had any new problems. Round ligament aches come and go, especially when I try to get up off the couch or in bed. I'm pretty lethargic all the time, but I think that has more to do with my hectic work schedule than anything. Also, my legs feel heavy and fall asleep easily, I'm trying not to cross my legs as much now.
Cravings: Still no real cravings, I'm just hungrier than usual.
Adversions: None
Excited for: My birthday :) and for my mom to finally move back to KC. Also, I have a court date to get my license back next week...TO HAVE A CAR AGAIN!!!!
Movement: Just about all day, every day. She kicks up a storm when I wake up, after I eat, and when I finally get to sit down after work (so of course, all of the times I'm trying to relax). I can see her move now from the outside, and Blade can feel her kick without straining now! She's an active little thing!
Belly button: Still an innie!
Sleep: I definitely have to pee more often now, but once I am asleep, I am really asleep. The down side of the hormones is that I occasionally have very vivid nightmares that carry on longer than before I was pregnant... they have been physically waking me, which wakes Blade as well. Hopefully that goes away. Getting up in the morning has been more of a hassle lately- I just want all the sleep!
Exercise: I've been a bad girl and haven't been to yoga in two weeks. I just haven't had the energy and motivation to get out of bed early. But, I got myself a prenatal fitness DVD that should be coming in the mail next week, and am promising myself to go to yoga on Friday- I'll be back in action asap.
Missing this week: Sushi. I just want some raw fish.
[Week 24.1]
0 comments:
Post a Comment