August 31, 2014

Atti Bean.

For the first time in this pregnancy, I finally look the way that I feel... which is very pregnant. Thankfully there are still many times that people have no idea that I'm pregnant (to which I credit my amazing styling skills), but for the most part, it's obvious. The baby bump in now a very large hill on it's way to forming a mountain, and I feel like I'm a rollercoaster of ups and downs. The round ligament pain is, for lack of a better term, a bitch. I can't move too much in one direction or roll to the opposite side when I'm laying down without a searing pain down the sides of my abdomen. I still don't have normal digestion and certain foods are starting to upset my tummy-- although the amount of food I'm eating might have something to do with that. How there are women out there that enjoy being preggo, I haven't the slightest idea.

On a happy note, Blade and I went on a mini vacation to Lincoln, Nebraska, for Ethan Lawson's wedding. It was beautiful, and honestly much needed for the both of us. We drove the three hours up there with the Ward brothers in tow, and stayed in an Embassy Suites in the middle of downtown. The wedding rehearsal dinner was at Old Chicago, a pizza and gastropub in an area that resembles the West Bottoms with a plaza size crowd. The next day, I spent quite a bit of time with Victoria and Barry Ward and I absolutely adore them. They were very kind in helping me pass the time while Blade was away doing groomsmen stuff. The wedding was held in a church that was beautiful (and didn't seem to be so long for a Catholic wedding), and the reception was held in the train station in the same area as the rehearsal dinner. We had so much fun. I definitely wasn't the life of the party that I usually am at events like this (two words: open bar), but it was nice to be sober and be able to enjoy the party. I did call it a night early both nights, and Blade was sweet enough to leave the reception a bit early to spend some quality time with me, but I tried as hard as I could! I was happy to be a part of everything, but truth be told going to a wedding while pregnant isn't as fun. Thankfully we don't have any more to attend until next year.

^^We are one hell of a good looking couple :)

BIG NEWS!!!!! We have finally decided on the name Atticus for little Miss Bean! I think it proves to be a strong name for a little girl in this day and age, not to mention it's cute that Atticus Finch was a lawyer. I kept accidentally calling her that when referring to my belly, and Blade has always enjoyed the name, so we put the stamp of approval on it. We haven't decided on a middle name (if there will be one at all) yet, and Blade won't let me use 'Bean', so that is still up in the air. Either way, I'm happy that I can proudly give our beautiful little princess a real name- and a unique one, at that. We get to see her on Tuesday for our next check up since she wouldn't cooperate with the last ultrasound. I'm so excited!

^^I can no longer see my toes now.

Skirts and leggings are my best friend at this point.^^

^^I finally brought out my Nikon and decided to teach myself some 101 so I can take good pictures from here on out in the pregnancy (now that I don't just look like I'm rocking a beer gut)

[Week 23.5]


Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment