October 3, 2014

Home stretch!

We have finally made it to the THIRD TRIMESTER! As of two days ago, I am officially 7 months along, aka two thirds of the way to meeting our little monster. One thing is for sure, I cannot hide being pregnant anymore, this belly is enormous. I can't see my feet at all, my waddle is more duck like, and my leggings are starting to get uncomfortable. I haven't updated any pictures because I haven't had much time to, I've been working quite a bit and now that I can drive (yay for getting my license taken care of!!!!) I have been able to run errands and get things taken care of without waiting around for Blade to chauffeur me around KC. One main thing that I've been able to take care of, however, is painting the nursery. It took quite a bit of time and energy, and a lot of motivation to get off my butt, to get it finished, but it is done and it looks beautiful!!!

^^It took almost three coats of paint on the walls and four coats on the edges to cover all of the blue, but the yellow cream looks fantastic and really opens up the room. Then I started with the vertical lines on the accent wall- I just eyeballed everything, but I think it made the pattern look better that way. Side note- always use the Frog Painters Tape for latex paint... the blue paint bled a lot.

Then onto the diagonal lines: I measured out three different lines to start with and then eyeballed the rest to fill in randomly. I had to go back and re-align some of them when I stepped back, but it was fairly simple. I used a meter stick and, starting on the far left vertical line, measured and marked every 24" up, then the same downward on the next vertical line, and then lined up those two with the diagonal strip of tape as my starters. ^^^

^^^This is the wall that juts out about 4 inches. I used the same color as the wall but did three coats to make it a little bit darker and to cover the blue since I didn't do the yellow base color. I'm going to turn this into the height measurement chart with some gold paint by hand.

The FINAL PRODUCT turned out fantastically!!! I will have to go back and touch up some parts that bled under the tape in a couple areas, but nothing too severe at all. The key was that I did a heavy layer starting on the left side with a smaller roller and Blade followed behind me to do the edges. As soon as I finished the entire wall, I started to peel the tape from the side that I started painting- the paint hadn't fully dried, so it didn't pull off chunks of the coral paint (it's a love/hate relationship with latex paint). All in all, I think it came out fantastic, and I believe that Atti will adore her room- everyone is really impressed!

I've also finally registered at Babies R Us for the baby showers that are coming up in the next two months. Mom is throwing one at Grandma's house for the family and her friends, and then Blade and I are throwing a large co-ed bonfire bash at our house later down the road. Registering was probably one of the most fun things I've gotten to do so far for the baby, and thanks to our amazing families all of the big items are already taken care of. I can't wait to start getting things together of our baby girl, less than 12 weeks before our due date!

Pregnancy Update
How far along: 28 weeks

Weight gain: 8 lbs since last visit, 13 lbs total

Yay!: I can feel her move on a regular and almost timed basis. She had normal sleep and wake cycles and responds to certain things throughout the day. Usually right after I eat, right before I go to bed and right after I wake up are when I can feel her the most. She is a spit fire...I can actually see my belly moving around now and it's really neat letting my friends feel her kick. It is the most amazing and intense thing I've ever felt in my life. It's not so much creepy anymore as it is entertaining. Also, my hair looks fantastic! These prenatal vitamins are doing me very well. Now that I'm taking good care of my skin I haven't had an outbreak since that first trimester, I'm still stretch mark and varicose vein free, and I'm getting some inches on my locks finally. 

Nay!: I have a kidney infection. Pregnant women are more susceptible to getting UTIs and I had apparently gotten one that has now gone to my kidneys. It is extremely painful: it's all in my lower abdomen, with sharper pain on the right side, and it feels like a constant pressure and aching. Moving fast or trying to re-position myself at night really upsets it, it slowly builds up to a worse and worse pain throughout the day so nighttime isn't very fun. I started taking antibiotics two days ago so we hope to see it cleared up within the next week. Thankfully it doesn't effect baby girl, but it's still very scary to have something wrong with my body knowing that she's in there. Her awesome wiggle worm action works against the pain as well considering she kicks and puts more pressure on my lower abdomen when she's awake; this whole situation is taking away from the beauty of being pregnant.

Food: I have random cravings for things I see randomly throughout the day that stay with me if I don't fill the need. Currently, I have been dying to have some cheese fries from Steak N Shake. Only from there and only the cheese fries. Still no aversions, thankfully, but my weird love for Pepsi nowadays has to be put to rest because the extra sugar in my diet is negatively effecting my infection. I really need to stop eating like a fat kid anyway, I'm pushing it a little bit now a days and I can see the weight gain a little in my love handles and my arms.

Belly button: I'm going to call it a middie right now. I'm slowly starting to pop out from the right side over now. I never thought I'd see the inside of my navel... and I really don't want to again, it's weird.

Sleep: I am now on a 2 hour time clock for bathroom breaks starting the minute I hit the pillow. It's been harder for me to fall asleep but no full on insomnia, thankfully. I'm getting up around 10am every day now, give or take, but usually feel like I need a nap by at least 1 o'clock or I start to bob my head a little. 

Exercise: I have officially given up. I keep hurting myself and I feel like I'm too weak and have too many aches and pains to try anymore. I shouldn't have waited until I was already preggo to start getting my butt into shape. In the meantime I will just try to avoid being a couch potato and stay on my feet, and then I will have to bust my butt harder than I was expecting to at the gym once I pop out Bean.

Excited for: THE ROYALS POSTSEASON!!! That's right, you read that correctly, the Royals have made it into the playoffs. We beat the A's in the Wild Card game 9-8 in the most amazing 12 innings I've ever seen, and then won our first ALDS game againt Anaheim last night. We are currently playing the second game, 1-0 in the bottom of the fifth... I thought this year couldn't get any better, but HOLY SHIT! 
....oh, you mean related to preggo stuff: I can't wait for the baby showers! Mom's is in two weeks and then ours is three weeks after and then Christmas is 6 weeks later!!!! 

Missing: being able to wear what I want! I will never complain about being fat again! I miss the cute skinny jeans and slender tops, or the chunky sweaters that don't make me look like a Weeble Wobble now that I'm sporting this basketball size belly. Leggings are great, but they don't really make much of a fashion statement. Also, being able to buckle my sandals without having to be a contortionist or just picking anything up off the floor without being in pain or uncomfortable, or just bending at the waist in general. This belly is getting to be in the way! (Worth it, but still).

We have appointments every two weeks now that I've hit the last trimester, and I am still measuring two weeks behind so I will be able to post new sonogram pictures after the next one since they want to measure her again. Keep your fingers crossed that she isn't sitting breech anymore.. we need this baby to start making her way into the Exit Position so mommy doesn't have to make a smiley scar on her tummy. Other than the infection, we are both happy and healthy and I hope to keep it that way!

[Week 28.3]

Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment