October 22, 2014

Whooooo loves you baby?

Things are starting to get exciting around here! We had the baby shower that my mom threw us on Sunday at Grandma's house and it went wonderfully. Most of the women in the family and, of course, mom's close friends were there, and Tiffany came with me, Shannon and Blade's cousin, Jacque. We got practically all the large items that we had registered for: crib, rocker, stroller, highchair, 2 bouncers, baby monitors, etc. We also got a ton of really cute outfits and books. I'm a little worried that we will have to buy a lot of the necessities, but we still have our BBQ shower in November, and hopefully that will help. I don't blame anyone though, shopping for little girls is so much fun and you immediately get drawn to the adorable outfits. Mom did the most amazing job with the theme and decorations; made her own banner, did all of the cooking, and even made a "Mother's Wisdom" tree so all the ladies could write down some advice for me in the future. 
 ^^All the hors d'oeuvres were delicious. And the pom poms came home with us

The "Mother's Wisdom" tree vvv


^^Made out like a bandit 


 ^^This cake was DELICIOUS! We took the top home like you do at weddings, but it's not going to last until her first birthday, sorry Atti!

Three (and a half) generations of Zismer women. I love my family so much.

I spent the rest of that night setting up everything that we had gotten and making note of what we are still needing. Basics like bedding, changing tables accessories, and onesies are pretty much what we're looking at- I just can't wait to bring her home! She is still being a little monster in there, getting wedged into my hips now, but I love being able to feel her move so much. We have officially changed hospitals, and will be finishing out the pregnancy and giving birth at Shawnee Mission Medical Center. Truman waited so long to treat me for the UTI when it could have been avoided, they don't have direct contact with the practitioners and we never got to see the same one, and honestly the place gives me the creeps. So on Halloween, I will be going to meet our new OB, Dr. Julie Martin. I don't want to take any risks with our baby girl, and they have a new birthing center at SMMC that looks like a day spa which doesn't hurt. 

Here is an updated bump photo from last week; I'm starting to run out of outfits to fit into and have been getting creative. Belted cardigans and maxi dresses are fantastic!
Three weeks until our baby shower, five weeks until Thanksgiving, seven weeks until maternity leave= 9 more weeks until I am ready to pop (and Christmas!!!!!).... I wish it were sooner!

[Week 31.1]


Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment