- I am officially the General Manager at Sol and Barrel, my first ever salary job.
- I am only 4 classes away from finishing my Associates degree. I am taking two classes now plus another one during the 2nd 8 weeks, as well as one last class in spring (so I can get all the grant money possible.
- I have had my first trip away from the baby: a float trip to NRO with Sierra, Jessica, and Jen. It was a blast, minus typical intoxicated drama. Girls will be girls.
- I FINALLY HAVE A SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH MONEY IN IT!
- Atticus is almost 8 months old and getting into everything.
- Uncle Jeff was diagnosed with esophageal cancer; it has spread to his lymph nodes and spine. He is in amazing spirits, however, and is currently on a month long visit to Europe.
Life in this household has changed quite a bit this year, and man has it been an adventure. I'm still getting a hold of being a mommy but I feel like I'm finally finding a comfort in it, instead of being so anxious. Having a baby has put a bit of strain on Blade and my's relationship, but he is the most incredible father to Atti and it melts my heart watching them interact. She adores him, just lights up when he is around.
The kitties are now indoor/outdoor cats and are happier than I could've imagined- not to mention the house has a ton less fur in it. They are still hesitant with the baby, but are warming up to her- Puff ALMOST lets her touch him now.
As for me, I've been a basket case lately. I haven't been to the gym in an embarrassingly long time and I eat at work mostly, which means homestyle cooking or tacos, so you can imagine I'm not in as good of shape as I planned to be seven months postpartum. Mentally, I'm exhausted as well, especially with the new job and school. Emotionally, however, I'm feeling back to my old self. I stopped taking my PPD pills last month and haven't seen a negative impact from it! I miss focusing on myself and my family and plan to make that a priority over anything else, and I'm starting now with getting back to the blogging world! Wish me luck!
0 comments:
Post a Comment