November 19, 2015

I crack myself up.

Before I make a post, I always make sure to go back and read the previous one to be sure to keep my updates timely and repetitive, and they always include the same thing "I'll make sure to post more often!". To the mamas that have time to deal with the day to day and keep up with their blogs, I tip my hat to you ladies! I just don't know how you guys do it! Life with a now toddler who turns 11 months in a couple weeks, a new job (yes, another new job), and school, is just intense! But I love every second of it. I'm starting to find a good pace to keep up with all the craziness and I'm sure it only gets smoother from here right? ;) The main update, of course, is about the new new job- I stayed as long as possible at Barrel 31, but with the owner and management the way they were, I just couldn't stand it anymore. With those issues and the scheduling issues, it just didn't seem like a good fit for my family and I anymore, so I put in my two weeks. I now work at Tannin Wine Bar & Kitchen on 15th and Oak and I am very happy with the transition. I am serving, which I never thought I would go back to, but I am making twice as much as my salary was in almost half the hours. I get to spend majority of my days and week nights with Atti, make great money on the weekends, and have made some new friends along the way. I am really hoping that this will be the last job I take while going through school, I would really like to stay put for once! Blade and I have never been better- we have worked through some of the issues that were eating at our relationship a couple months ago. Mostly communication issues, we realized that we were dealing with really small things that were turning into really big problems and it has been about two months since we have really had any issues since smoothing things out. It is incredible what can be accomplished if you just sit down and talk for a few minutes a day! Atticus is mobile and loving every second of it! She popped up and took a couple of steps one day and was in a full out sprint the next. I am still amazed by how quickly she grows and changes- I fully understand why they say "they grow up so fast"; I am already missing things from a few months ago (although I did get some snuggles during a nap yesterday, which melted my heart). Lastly, this semester is coming to an end soon and I am pretty proud of myself for trucking through this first year back at school. Once my physics class started last month, it got a little hectic trying to juggle my current schoolwork plus that condensed class, but I have finally gotten into a rhythm. I need to take my math placement class and get enrolled in that for next semester and I will officially have a two-year degree! I think I may try to take a sommolier course (although I'm not sure where to find one) to help excel at Tannin. Can't hurt to learn while I'm learning right? Holidays are in full effect and I can't wait to share some firsts with Atti! Pictures and updates will come sometime before February, I promise ;)
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment