November 2, 2016

A new missing piece.

It has taken me over a month to write this post because it has hurt too much to put into words.

My Uncle Jeff died on September 25th, around 1:00 in the morning.
He passed free of pain or worry in his sleep after spending the evening singing his favorite songs with Melissa and mom, in her home surrounded by things he loved.

Two days before he passed, he walked out of the bedroom with some struggle, gave me a huge hug and said "I love you so much". I know that he meant it.


I will miss everything about that man. His orneriness, his humor, his love of family and friends, his connection with animals and children, his big bear hugs and torturous picking on me. He lived a crazy and random life, but a life filled with happiness and love even in the darkest days. The world has truly lost a beautiful soul, I don't think any of us will be the same.

I hope, with everything in my body, that he is in peace- but knowing Jeff, anything too peaceful would be boring, so I also hope that he is getting himself into trouble wherever he is.

I love you very much, sleep sweet Uncle Jeff.

Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment