Fall in Kansas City has arrived and it is beautiful.
This is my favorite time of the year- leaves changing, the weather cooling, the holidays around the corner, the new fun activities to do with the family- Fall makes everything in my life feel just a little more complete. Atti has been enjoying it just as much as I have, Blade has too even if he won't admit it [he is a bit of a Scrooge]. So far we have painted pumpkins, gone for long afternoon and evening walks, explored the changing trees, eaten new foods (she is now a caramel apple fan), and gone for our first real 'trick-or-treat' outing for Halloween. Miss Bean was the cutest kangaroo you'd ever imagine- the residents in Union Hill were giddy over her adorable costume, hop and "hey guys!" included.
We also got the chance to dog-sit for Bernie for a week, which Atti adored and I hope made Blade realize that having a dog is absolutely probable for this family. The walks we took Monkey on were fun and helped to get us out of the house and into the beautiful fall weather we've been having.
Long walks with Dada make for a very tired little pumpkin. We walked all the way down to the Filling Station, and then to the park and back in the course of an hour and a half. She slept like a log that night. [How can you not all in love with those eyes!?]
This year has brought about a lot of insight into how I have been living my life, and I have realized that I am not fully enjoying anything to its fullest extent. I have a hard time living in the moment and have been very anxious about what is coming next, or what I need to prepare for, or what I am doing wrong or will do wrong... I need to learn to breathe a little more and open my eyes to the little things in the present that make this life worth living.
Snuggles on the couch with my baby in the morning, even if I am half asleep
Making cinnamon hearts on top of my latte foam just for the smell
Spending my lazy time outside in the yard instead of watching TV
Curling up on the couch with a good book
Cozying up to my wonderful boyfriend, even if he insists on watching some weird movie
Inviting friends over for dinner instead of drinks
These things have started happening more and I am slowly but surely becoming open to just letting go of what tomorrow has in store for me to be enveloped in the incredible life that I am living in right now. This is what fall is all about- comfort, not just physically but emotionally and mentally.
And it is much cheaper than therapy!
:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment