I can't believe that 2016 has gone by so quickly. We have reached my favorite time of the year: the Christmas decorations are up, the weather is chilling, Puff is starting to snuggle, and we can get ready for both the holiday festivities and celebrating Atti's second birthday. On top of everything else, today marks the last week of class, followed by finals week, which means that I have almost completed my first full semester here at Rockhurst- and I have pretty damn good grades! As long as I do well on finals, I will hopefully end the semester with straight As [and a possible B in Theology if I don't do the best on the research paper I just turned in]. This year has been a whirlwind, but I think it has become one of my favorite and most eye opening years to date.
Atti is sprouting into a wonderful little girl right before our eyes. She is so fun and energetic and curious- she just doesn't stop talking and moving and learning. I fall in love over and over again, especially now that she asks for 'shnuggles' from Mama and Dada [usually as a ploy to stay up longer, but I'll take it]. Although she is a ridiculously picky eater and has the sass of a reality tv show character, she is one of the happiest morning people I have ever met and loves to show off how smart and playful she is. Watching her grow makes my heart swell- being a mom touches my soul more and more each day. We talked about baby number 2 and decided that we will wait and try to time the birth to be between my BA ending and my masters degree starting, which gives us about a year before we start trying again (and to be honest, I'm kind of excited to go through another pregnancy!).
There is also one main challenge that I have defeated this year and that is that Blade has finally agreed to let us get a dog! And of course I am having trouble waiting until Spring like he wants to find one, considering I have already found a beautiful 2 year old Great Pyrenees and sent in an application to meet her... but we will cross that bridge when I we get there (or when I get a response back from the shelter). Keep your fingers crossed for me that Blade gives in and I can bring home a new family member before Christmas!
Of course, pictures will be soon to follow! HO HO HO and Happy holidays!!!
December 5, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment