It is officially 2017 and the year has started out wonderfully.
A few updates from last month to start us off...
- Last semester was AWESOME and although I did get that B in theology, I feel very proud of myself for sustaining a 3.8 GPA during my first semester in college with everything else going on in my life
- The holidays were insane, but so wonderful. Doug and Shannon came down and stayed for Christmas, I cooked dinner mostly successfully [three cheese mashed potatoes are still good even if they have the consistency of soup, who knew?!], and Atti made out like a bandit! We seriously do not have the space for all of the toys, but she is enjoying them all- thankfully a lot of people got her puzzles and books! Check out my holiday camera roll for some pictures of the festivities.
- We did in fact get a dog! Meet Coco Bean- she wasn't the first choice but she was absolutely the best. We have adopted the sweetest, most loving and cuddly rescue on the planet. She is house trained and terrified of the cat, and lets Atti be a toddler all over her without much issue. She plays well with other dogs and we have already taught her to sit! I think that even Blade would agree that she is a great addition to this family.... and look at that face!!
- School has already started back-shortest break in the world- and I think the classes will be great this semester: Cultural Linguistic Diversity, Neural Bases, Ethical Theory, Statistics, Audiology, and Interpersonal Communications..... Yes, you read that right. I am taking six classes this semester and I still have high hopes for it going well. I finally feel like I am going places :)
Truth be told, I have very high hopes for this entire year. I am excited for what it will bring and can only see myself growing from this place. Atti, Blade, school, my health, budgeting---> everything is getting started on the right foot and I hope to read this in December and smile knowing that I didn't let myself down!
Cheesy as it may be... cheers to a new year and a new me!




0 comments:
Post a Comment