January 14, 2017

Abs are made in the kitchen.

I want abs.
I want abs very, very badly.

Apparently, not badly enough to put down the pizza so I am going to try round thirteen million of the Fit Girls Guide recipes and see if I can cook myself skinny. [You can check out their website here]

This time, I am going to try to be a little less and more structured at the same time: I have made myself a weekly 'menu' of sorts so I have to stick to specific meals, but I have given myself many options because I get bored easily or don't have time for a certain recipe which tends to lead me to flake on my plan. I also want to start tracking everything again, which I will hopefully keep up with on here. Go easy on me if that doesn't happen, I'm a busy girl lately ok?!

Listed below will be relatively what I will be working with for the next week or two, potentially switching it up as I find bumps in the road or can see it not working so well with my wonky schedule.

Breakfast: 300 calories
Hot oatmeal with fruit
Yogurt parfait
Eggs with fruit and carb

Lunch: 400 caloriesVeggie Power Bowl
'Faux-potle' bowl
Fit Girl cobb salad

Snacks: 200 calories*
Hummus/dip and veggies
Cottage cheese with pineapple
Fit Girl Smoothie

Dinner: 400 calories
Sweet potato tacos
Bacon apple quesadilla
Thai stir fry

Dessert: 200 calories*
Ricotta with strawberries
PB&B bark
Bananas Fit Girl

*Either a snack or dessert each day

Now, because I know that 90% of these meals taste great and I have given myself plenty of options to mix and match, I think that I can be successful this time around. It also helps that I am trying to quit smoking [today is day 2] to focus on my health, so maybe I can swap a very bad habit with a very good one! I'm sitting right now at about 138 pounds and my goal is to get down to about 125-130 pounds, and I am giving myself until April to make this change- 8 to 13 pounds in 10 weeks seems a little far fetched but I do think that if I can change my eating habits and get at least 30 minutes a day of exercise for at least 5 days a week, I can get very close if not reach that goal. It is all about keeping goals reachable and reasonable right? [I've even started budgeting... say what?!]

I will make try to check in once a week to let you know how it is going, whether I am actually following my plan or not to stay accountable. Wish me luck! 

Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment