May 17, 2014

Tuberculosis and sonograms.

The weeks are not flying by as fast as I would hope they would, and I would be lying to you if I said that I've been too busy to post in the past two weeks, but alas.... I am just exhausted. I don't know really when it happened, but lately I feel as if all of the energy has left my body. I've turned into a bit of a couch potato and I'm not too proud of it. So starting last night, I cleaned house, did laundry and my nails- from now on I have to do something productive before I plant it in front of the television; it will be practice for Bean- you have to earn your rewards (and in my case, try not to gain a million pounds).

Well first thing's first: I had my first half of my first prenatal appointment yesterday. Another cup to pee in, they took my blood pressure- which is good and healthy- and then the bad stuff. They gave me the TB shot in my arm, which they check on Monday to get the results, and then took seven vials of blood. SEVEN VIALS.. they are vampires. The benefit of all this, is that I got the second half of the prenatal appointment changed to Monday as well, so we don't have to wait another two weeks to hear Bean's heartbeat!! I'm more excited for that than anything right now; I think that it will help this become more of a reality than just a thought right now.

As for me, I'm still feeling alright. The bloating and slowed digestive tract is a real pain in the ass (literally) and the headaches keep coming and going, but still no morning sickness. I did make the horrid mistake of taking my prenatal vitamin on an empty stomach, however. Let's just say that I found a new color of vomit and it took a good 24 hours to feel like I was back on solid ground. Fatigue comes and goes, coming more than going lately, and I just wish like I felt like myself again. But I have about 4 more weeks of hell before the glory of the second trimester comes along (hopefully) so I will just have a grin and bear it. In the mean time I will be focusing on working hard, saving money, and spending some baby-moon time with Blade... we both can't wait to see Bean :)

(PS on a not so happy note, Mocha passed away last week. She was such a good pup, I know Mom and I will miss her a lot. RIP pretty girl.)

(Week 8:4)
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment