Another day in pregnant paradise. I still have yet to undergo any severe symptoms, besides feeling like a hot air balloon all the time. I think, with the help of an e-cigarette with minimal nicotine, I have kicked the extreme urge to smoke; I feel the same way about drinking, although the coffee habit has been hard to over come. I have my allotted amount (two cups max) almost every day but wish I could have more to kill the sluggish feeling that hits me around 6 or 7pm. But I will have to stick to decaf and chamomile tea until Bean gets here.
Today was a nice day off. Spent the morning hanging around the house and pinning baby stuff for the first couple hours, and then Vikki came and picked me up for a girls day. It was really refreshing and much needed to walk around Westport thrift stores, getting coffee and dinner, being able to act like a normal person. I even had a glass of wine with dinner! Maybe the next couple months won't be so hard on my sanity after all.
In the mean time, I've found myself feeling less sexy and more like a fat cow. I made extra effort today to do my makeup and hair, dress up a little (with a shirt that is loose enough that I wasn't completely self conscious the entire day, although after dinner my pants fit a little too well), and try to look like I'm not pregnant. It worked, almost entirely, until I got home and the bloating set in. Once I changed into my pjs and hopped onto the couch, I felt like I gained fifty pounds. As odd as it sounds, I really wish that I could get that baby belly in right now so at least I can look the way I feel without being so embarrassed about it... right now I feel like I just look like I've let myself go.
They say that you feel like shit the first trimester because the second feels like heaven... and I can't wait for heaven, because this has got to be close to hell. Hurry it up Bean!
(Week 6:2)
May 1, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment