So... we didn't find out last week about whether we will have a Mr. or Ms. The doctor said that it was a little too early for us to get a good reading, which is frustrating since we were waiting for four weeks thinking that we were going to find out. We have an ultrasound scheduled specifically to do the gender reveal before our next full visit- August 4th, two weeks from today. The fact that I have to stick to Bean, or 'the baby', or have to say 'he or she' is killing me. I want to know what we're working with here so I can finally start the name game! We've already decided on a little boys name- Atlas John (the middle name after my grandfather and uncle Dickie), and we have thrown around some girl names but nothing has been solidified yet. Aria, Atticus, Caia.. all pretty names that we've agreed on, but we still can't seem to pin point the right one. I think it is because, subconsciously, we want a little boy first. [Baby, if you are reading this and you happen to be a little girl, know that we love you just the same. It's just that mommy knows how stubborn girls are and daddy will be proven useless because he can't say no to women. Your cousin, Lyra, and I can attest to that] So let the waiting games begin! Two more weeks won't kill me... hopefully.
As for preggo life: things are still doing quite well. We did have a routine check up at last Monday's appointment. The heartbeat is strong and clear, and doc says that mommy looks good. The only thing that concerns me is that I am now 2 pounds lighter than I was at the first appointment (weighing me in at 134 lbs now). The doctor said that I'm healthy, and that it is normal for me to have lost some weight- the change in lifestyle and diet make a huge difference, I'm sure- but that I need to try and start gaining a little bit. I feel like I am eating all the time and I'm not exercising as much as I should be, so I don't understand how my tummy is growing, but my weight is dropping. The next full appointment will be in three weeks, so maybe I will be on track by then.
As of Wednesday, I will officially be half way done with this pregnancy, and less than five months away from meeting our little monster. I'm getting more and more anxious about the baby now a days. I can feel a thud against my lower abdomen (mid way below my belly button) every now and again and it makes me smile instantly. Now that I know that it's the baby, and not some random digestive bubble, I feel like I am constantly holding my breath trying to feel more. I just can't believe how big the baby is and how little I am. Bean should be over 5 inches long now and about 5 or so ounces and finally looks like an itty bitty human and not so much like an alien pea pod. I can't wait to hold him/her in my arms.. it seems like December is just so far away and I am a little kid already talking about Christmas in the middle of summer.
[Week 17.6]
July 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment