August 2, 2014

Tai Kwon Don't hit mommy in the bladder.

It's official, Baby Bean is a karate master. I've been feeling little jabs here and there on the inside for a couple weeks now, but fleetingly, until the past three days. I don't know if it's starting yoga has been an energy boost for both of us, but I can finally feel the monster from the outside! This is the most surreal thing I've every experienced in my life- the fact that some small person is growing in my belly has finally become a reality. I can't help but smile every time I feel a poke or prod- I'm getting some as we speak. The only down side is that it is making me that much more anxious to meet the baby and we are only half way there. As of today, I am 19 1/2 weeks... my official half way point in on Wednesday, but I feel like I've been pregnant for years. 
The good news is that I'm finally getting some hobbies and making the most of my time off of work (which seems to be rare). I have been to yoga twice this week at Inner Space Yoga, right down the street, and I absolutely love it. I forgot how flexible I am not... even the basic poses are proving to be a challenge, but I think it will only take a matter of time before I'm back on the Asana horse like a pro. I'll try to check in more and more in the next coming months since big changes are happening on a weekly basis now. Gestation is full speed ahead now- my belly is finally prominent enough that people are noticing that I'm carrying, but not so big that I have to waddle- though it is starting to come on a little bit. All the moving and shaking going on inside is getting more noticeable every day and I'm finally starting to get hunger pangs like they've been warning me about. I haven't hopped on a scale as of yet, but I believe I have finally put on a couple healthy pounds. The race to our new addition is on!


Two more days until we find out the sex! (And might I point out, preggo ta-tas are in full effect. No bra in this picture. Much cheaper than a boob job, if you ask me!)

How far along: 19 weeks

Symptoms: Baby keeps laying on my sciatic nerve which is what is causing my hip and knee pain, I believe (although my crappy work shoes could also be the culprit). I have an abundance of energy lately, but motivation is still an issue. I need to get up and off my butt! Mood swings are still far and few between, as is my libido, but I'm staying upbeat more often than not :) I have to pee every five minutes now, getting up about twice a night. And of course, the weepiness is all over the place, but only when I see something really sweet- happy tears, like Patrick getting married today!

Cravings: Chips. All I want is crunchy, salty chips. I may or may not have eaten an entire canister of BBQ Pringles in one sitting the other day.

Adversions: None

Excited for: Feeling more of baby's kicks- I freak out every time I feel him/her moving! Finding out the sex on Monday...fingers crossed for a boy so mommy doesn't have to be bad cop forever!

Movement: Three days full of kicking and rolling around. I can finally feel the kicks with my hand placed on the outside of my belly. Now if only I could get Blade to stop golfing long enough to feel it too!

Belly button: Still an itty bitty innie.

Sleep: I toss and turn all night to ease the pain in my hips and I get up about twice a night to use the bathroom, but once I'm asleep it's smooth sailing.

Exercise: With my new found energy, I started yoga (Morning Tonic classes). I'm planning on going about twice a week. Very difficult as of right now, but I leave feeling refreshed and ready for the day. Plus it will help me with labor and I will take all the help I can get. I need to start walking more often however- I'm too idle during the days that I'm not working.

Missing this week: Rare steaks, summer brew and sushi. But mostly, I miss fitting into normal clothes. I'm tired of wearing dresses.

One thing I'm excited to test out is how Bean is going to react if I get the concert tickets for Sunday. Glen (the drummer of Alice Cooper) is on tour with Motley Crue for their Final Tour and he is going to try and swing me some tickets!! I am by far the coolest mom before I even give birth <3

[Week 19.4]
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment