December 11, 2014

Baby watch!

Yesterday marked the two week countdown to meeting Miss Atticus Roux! I am officially 9 1/2 months along and feeling every bit of it. I feel like, no matter what kind of pregnancy you've had until this point, the last few weeks are no walk in the park. I feel huge, I look huge, I'm in quite a bit of pain and am super uncomfortable, and Atti can't be very happy either- she has little to no room to flutter around in anymore, it has to feel cramped in there. The good news is that we are almost done, though. We go back to see Dr. Martin tomorrow to do another check up: last we checked, I am still 1cm dilated and almost completely effaced. I am still measuring small, but she is healthy and at a good weight (she was at 6 pounds 8 ounces last Friday) and she is sitting as low as she possibly can in my uterus- Dr. Martin said that that means that I may not have a horribly long labor since she is already so close to coming out! I've been having some issues with contractions for the past couple weeks, and got a prescription for some meds to stop them but I have yet to pick them up- they haven't been as severe this week, and taking more medication worries me a little.

^^Please make note of how silly Puff looks

No more room in there!! It's getting really tight!^^^

The main problem that I'm having right now is that for some reason, when I lay on either side, I start getting a really tight chest and some slight heart palpitations, and then my face starts getting really warm and my hearing gets fuzzy; I think it's because I have so much weight from my stomach that I'm cutting off circulation. Whatever it is, it made sleeping soundly completely impossible last night. I tossed and turned, and then woke up with a very sore abdomen- like someone had been punching my gut. All the weight on my pelvic region is starting to make things really difficult, it's getting harder to stay even the slightest bit comfortable now. Waddling is in full effect, my hips pop out of place when I try to get up or pivot, it is almost impossible to get off the couch without some sort of rocking motion or a pulley system, and my boobs leak without notice... I don't know when we were supposed to be 'glowing' but being pregnant is definitely not the happiness and sunshine that people claim it to be. I'm so excited to meet our little girl, but man this has been a really intense nine months. 

^^The button has popped, which means she is DONE! <3

Outside of Bean-town, things are going well. Blade has been working a ton, but we have been able to spend some quality time almost every day relaxing on the couch and watching our shows or making dinner. I feel like our little family is going to be wonderful, but I will miss having him to myself without any real distraction. He is such a wonderful partner and has been a great support system throughout this past year; I am one very lucky girl. I am in the middle of getting the final touches done on my financial aid, so fingers crossed that goes through before the baby gets here, and I'm finishing my last couple shifts at The Drop this weekend (although I may try to fit in a shift or two next week if we haven't gone into labor yet). The nursery is mostly done and all the important stuff is checked off and put away- so now it really is just a waiting game. Mom finally got her house in Liberty, so I know she is really excited about that, and it is definitely a wonderful thing knowing that she is so close. My favorite piece of news lately- Tiff asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! They are doing a destination wedding in Vieques, Puerto Rico, on April 1st, 2016. We have a ton of time to plan, and I will be far enough along that we can get away from the Bean without any issue! Plus she asked me on a coffee cup, who can say no to that!?


There is so much going on, yet so little! I can't wait until we get to meet our little princess, I am dying with anticipation! Some time in the next 13 days, I finally get to hold this little monster that's been swimming around in my belly all summer- I feel like I'm waiting for the one thing that will complete my life and it's making everything trudge by at a snail's pace. I will do a quick update tomorrow after the doctors appointment- who knows, it may be the last one!!

[Week 38.2]



Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment