December 20, 2014

Just twiddling our thumbs.

So we are in the final week before the due date and I am still very pregnant. Our doctor appointment yesterday was unremarkable- still haven't dilated any more than before (1cm) and since the last visit I haven't had many painful contractions, so Atticus is still very comfy in her little waterbed room. Hopefully that changed in the next couple of days, I would really like to NOT go past the due date. But, I am happy that she is healthy and that's really all that matters, so if she wants needs to stay in there longer, so be it. I'm just getting a little frustrated and very, very antsy. I want to meet our little girl and start this awesome journey, and she is perfectly content all curled up in my belly. I have officially gained 26 pounds total, weighing in at 160.2 this last visit, so that's nice- I have pretty much gained the bare minimum to be considered healthy (although I definitely could have laid off the sweets and carbs a bit more, I have a little more addition than just a baby bump- but that will come off in no time at all). At this point, nothing has really changed except the lack of contractions and less severe movements from her since the last visit. She just doesn't have any more room to bounce around.

Unfortunately, I hit a bump in my perfect plan yesterday and found out that I am not eligible for financial aid until after I've completed 12 credit hours for spring semester- out of pocket. I was not ready to hear that, considering I've been getting everything together for months now, only to find out that there was a glitch in the system and that I had already withdrew from a "warning semester" so I have to go through a whole semester on my own before I get put back in good standing. Thankfully, my mom is paying for my classes and books so I can get that out of the way and reapply for aid in summer or fall. I will have to go back to The Drop much earlier, and more often, than I was planning, but that's the beauty of being on good terms with the company. I am very thankful that Hope likes me so much, I know she will be very happy to hear that I will be coming back sooner than later. This is life, I guess... just have to roll with the punches and keep a positive mindset. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful support system around me; we will be just fine.

In the mean time, I am just sitting here filling time, reading up on babies, and anxiously anticipating the arrival of our little Atticus Roux Moore. I have never looked forward to something more in my life.


[Week 39.4]

Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment