December 12, 2014

False alarm?

Well, I promised an update from the doctor appointment, but I didn't expect it to be so eventful. I went in for a normal check up that only took about 10 minutes, horribly uncomfortable cervical check included, and left with a good bill of health. I dropped Blade off at home, went to work, clocked in and.... felt like I started my period again. Sure enough, I was bleeding- quite a bit actually- which you can imagine is not the best thing to see during your pregnancy. So I went home and called the nurses who sent me back to Shawnee Mission. I spent the past 5 hours in Labor & Delivery, hooked to a fetal heart rate monitor and a contraction counter. It wouldn't have been that bad, had I not had THREE MORE cervical checks while I was there- one of which took forever because the nurse couldn't find my cervix... how do you lose a cervix?!

The bad news is that I'm probably going to get billed a butt load for the false alarm, but the good news is that I didn't dilate any more while I was there and Atticus is a very healthy and active baby. We are still on baby watch like before, but just a little more on the edge of our seats this week. Now to the update!

Pregnancy Update
How far along: 9 1/2 months

Weight gain: I was up to 159.6 last appointment, but measured in at 159.2 today, so I think that I'm going be plateau here at 25 pounds.

Yay!: Less than 2 weeks until our due date, which means that Baby Watch is in full effect! Everything (the important stuff, anyway) is ready for our little one to get here- I'm so anxious! Emotionally, things have changed a lot the past couple of weeks: I'm still really nervous and scared, but it seems like out of nowhere I have this new found confidence that everything is going to be ok. It is more an excitement than a worry now, and I've never been happier.

Nay!: I thought I was uncomfortable last month, but the past two weeks takes the cake! She settles deep into my pelvis now and it makes it unbearable to move or lay down. The only real option I have is to recline a little with something behind my back for lumbar support, but sleeping like that is impossible. I just toss and turn all night now because her movements are so severe now that she's so big, and I wake up with a very sore lower abdomen. The contractions that I do have are very irregular but pretty uncomfortable and mainly happen when I'm getting cozy at night. I pretty much feel like a balloon filled to it's max with rocks that roll around on their own... I'm definitely ready to have my body back.

Diet: I've actually been counting my calories the past week and a half- not to lose weight, obviously, but to maintain where I'm at and make sure that I'm getting the right amount of food in my belly to help Atti gain the last few pounds while making sure that I'm not gaining more than I should. They say you should only gain 25-30 lbs for a woman my size, and I have just reached the minimum for being healthy so I would like to stay here. I've been craving a lot of fruit- mostly just grapes and bananas- which makes me feel better than the junk food binge I was on. (Tonight doesn't count, I'm eating pizza and popcorn right now).

Sleep: Insomnia isn't a problem anymore, now it's just being able to get comfortable long enough to get some good rest. If I can get into the perfect, amazingly awkward, twisted position to fall asleep, I will usually wake up when Miss Bean decides to roll over onto my bladder.... which is just about every 2 hours. But, silver lining, it's preparing me for all night feedings when the baby gets here! 

Things to do still: Finishing touches on the nursery! That's it! I picked out a pediatrician out of SMMC that sounds great, we get to meet her (Sherri Martin) this week. I also bought the What To Expect: The First Year book that goes over childbirth and breastfeeding, so I have been reading up on everything. I'm a little worried because I haven't gotten my school aid completed yet (hopefully it posts by next Friday) and tomorrow is my last shift at The Drop, but I'm keeping my head up and trying to stay positive.

I am missing EVERYTHING that I couldn't do before at this point, but I won't even whine about it this time because we have 12 DAYS OR LESS before she is out of my belly and into my arms. My little family is going to be so incredible!!

[Week 38.3]
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment