February 18, 2016

Our first family vacation

It is official: the first Moore-Zismer family vaca is in the books and was successful! We got back a little over a week ago from Austin, Texas, to visit Blade's family for Lyra's 4th birthday. We had a quick layover in Houston after a 7am flight, and then straight into Austin followed by an hour long car ride to Lago Vista- little Miss was pretty darn awesome throughout for the most part. She got a little fussy at the beginning of the second flight, but fell asleep shortly after. We stopped and got some lunch and went to visit Uncle Cutter at the mall shop he was working at- she was in SUCH a good mood and he was very happy to finally meet his niece face to face!
We had a fun night just hanging out with Doug and Shannon, and Gay Beth and Bob showed up as well, so Atti really got to spend quality time with the family she doesn't get to see very often. I have no idea what was wrong with me (though I am leaning toward the ceviche that we had for dinner...), but I woke up sick as a dog and ended up in bed until around 1pm, so I missed the initial meeting, but Lyra and Atti were thick as thieves! Let me just say, Atti loves kids and is dying to hang out with more toddlers, so it was just incredible watching her and her cousin play and interact. They had so much fun. We left the next day and had basically the same situation with flights, she slept on the second one without too much whining beforehand. 

All in all it was a wonderful trip and I am so happy to see that Atti enjoyed an out of state trip- especially since we have a trip to Philly in May for Michael's wedding!








<3 p="">
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment