April 28, 2014

Sobriety is different.

This weekend, Blade's good friend and his girlfriend (Zach and Mary Ann) came into town to visit from Colorado. They were nice enough to get us all tickets to go see Arcade Fire and the Tune Yards at Starlight, which I have to say was a brand new experience for me. I was thinking about it, and in my entire adult life (and before that, honestly) I have never been to a live show completely sober. Either I get drunk when I'm there, or show up as such, but I have never been able to experience a concert without being under the influence of something. I was a little worried that I would be bored or anxious or irritated the entire time, but I wasn't. I was very aware that I wasn't able to imbibe, but it didn't effect how fun the show was. I had a great time, and I can remember the entire set- which can't be said for the prior shows. Afterward we went out and I experienced Westport on a Saturday night SOBER for the first time as well. That, I didn't care much for. I don't understand how I can sit for hours just chugging booze and chain smoking and have such a good time. Granted, I stayed out until 2am (yay for being a cool pregnant lady), but other than that, I was happy and proud to not have to drink to have fun. They only money I spent was on a round of drinks for the group to pay them back for the tickets. I came home, not looking like a mess, not spending every dollar in my wallet, and woke up the next day happy and refreshed. This sober thing may not be so horrible after all.

(Week 5:5)
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment