June 5, 2014

A third of the way there.

We are starting to get closer to that heavenly second trimester. I feel like this pregnancy is going so slow and so fast all at the same time. I've finally 'popped' (see photo below for the first official baby Bean bump photo) and I can honestly say that I really enjoy the belly more than I thought I would. Occasionally I frown because I can't fit into my jeans or shorts as easily as before, but the fact that I look more pregnant than bloated now makes it fun to walk around in maxi dresses. Physically, I still look happy and healthy; mentally and emotionally, I'm a little soggy. I am very, very exhausted all of the time and the headaches still come and go too frequently. I haven't had any major mood swings (with the exception of yelling at Blade for being inconsiderate when in reality he just woke me up from a nap too soon), but going out and being social is just not anything I want to be a part of at the moment. I prefer the couch, with Puff and a fudge pop, watching one of the many shows that I have now invested in. Hopefully my energy levels will start to rise within the next couple of weeks.

As for the day to day: my mom (who wants to be referred to as 'Memaw') stayed the night with us recently. I have missed being able to see her so often, and hopes and prayers are with her that she can find a stable job in KC so she can move close to be here with us and Bean. But she is doing well nonetheless and is more excited about being a grandma than I have ever seen her... I can't wait for her and Bean to meet. Blade's mom, Shannon, came and stayed with us right after for a couple of days. Also had a great time- we went out for a girl's day to get our nails done and shopped and had a couple of nice dinners. It feels good to have both sides of our families around and being so supportive.

Blade is still working endlessly for Mr. FA White and juggling Harry's at the same time; I hope that he calms down a little so he can get some rest and relaxation. I definitely picked a wonderfully hardworking man to start a family with (Bean, your daddy is probably the greatest person on earth. I am a lucky woman). I, on the other hand, am getting tired of working the service industry and am itching to get this financial aid crap worked out so I can start back at school. They've made me a PTM at The Drop...which means more hours for less pay, and more responsibility. But that means that I will have an upper hand and some leeway when Bean gets here. Is it sad that I am already counting down the days to maternity leave?

The moment you've been waiting for------ 
the first official picture of mommy and Bean (10 1/2 weeks).

I'm just getting so anxious for the next couple months. 
Things are really getting real.
If you don't believe me, watch me try to fit into my favorite pair of Lucky jeans.

(Week 11:2)

PS- I'll start adding updates on the weird stuff down here just for shits and giggles. Like the fact that asparagus tastes like metal now and that my dreams are so crazy and realistic that I woke up wanting to punch Blade in the face this morning (in my dream her cheated on me and then locked me out of the house without my fudge pops). My knees and feet are acting like I'm 85, not 25, and it's hard for me to keep my eyes open past 10pm... I'm officially an adult.


Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment