June 30, 2014

We killed Murphy.

This past week as to be one of the most fun weeks I've had in quite some time. First off, let me start by saying that I have finally hit that heavenly second trimester and I don't feel anything different at all, except that I'm super happy that I have an actual bump forming! I will take more pictures this week of said bump.

We went a week ago to our appointment for Down Syndrome testing- they measure they fluid on the back of the neck and then take some blood samples- so we got to get some new sonogram pictures! It is completely surreal seeing Bean actually looking like a baby, moving around, it even looked like he/she waved at us. It just makes me that much more anxious to find out the gender and then meet our little monster. I feel like time is moving so slow!

Waving to us! But, honestly, baby looks a lot like Skeletor right now.


There is a hand on his/her nose and one under the chin.


I have no idea what "Lus Baby" means, so I'm going to assume it means 'cutest profile picture to ever be taken even'. Loosely translated of course.


Outside of wonderful baby news and pictures: Blade and I got to go visit Zach and Mary Anne in Denver from Monday to Wednesday. Although it was a short trip, it was much needed, and Colorado is just beautiful. We got in Monday evening and immediately went out to eat at this eclectic Mexican restaurant (Mezcal), and then made a quick pit stop at Zach's new bar (Argyll), but went home and to bed right after. Tuesday was very refreshing- we started at probably the best brunch spot I've been to (Snooze, who knew a benedict with cream cheese hollandaise and balsamic reduction would be so mouth watering), went back to the apartment where the boys played backgammon and I napped, then Blade and I walked around downtown Denver while Zach had a short work meeting. We had a fantastic dinner that night at Argyll- I feel as if it was the first 'KC style' craft bar and restaurant that I've been to outside of Missouri. Something was up with my tummy, so I didn't get to indulge as much as I'd have liked-- also, note to self, curry and I do NOT get along-- and we just went back after that. We got to play a game of Cards Against Humanity before bed as well. It was nice to be able to relax, not have to worry about work, and just enjoy the company of good friends for a couple of days. Next year, I hope to get a sitter for Bean and Blade and I can go for a longer period of time so we can camp and explore more.

What would be the best way to end a week of awesomeness? A giant BBQ in our backyard with friends. Tim held his second annual birthday BBQ at our house last night; he (with much needed help from Brian Harper) smoked an entire 40 pound pig in the driveway, I worked on the side dishes and nibbles, there were tubs of Mexican beer alongside yard games and tiki torches, and it turned out to be a really good time. As much as I miss the social aspect of drinking, it's nice to finally start being secure enough to have full conversations with people without the added security blanket. I really enjoy hosting parties for friends and family, and it makes me happy to think about our future and all the fun times that we get to have- especially with a growing brood. The best part was waking up to an already clean house- Tim and Sierra (the Ward's sister) woke up super early and finished picking everything up- and the fact that I have another day off today. 

I'm excited for the next couple months- I am finally getting a handle on a good schedule at The Drop, we get to find out Bean's sex in two weeks, and Mom's birthday is coming up so I get to see the family here soon. Life is good :)

(Week 14:6)

PS- Murphy is what we named the pig... RIP.
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment