August 13, 2014

Over the Hill.

I am officially more than half way through this pregnancy with Miss Bean and I think I am finally getting comfortable in this new body. I unfortunately came down with a really bad head cold last week and had to take off of work for a couple days, I think my weakened immune system worked against me, but it didn't effect the baby. Sweet girl is kicking up a storm, of course she chooses the times when Mommy is comfortable and trying to relax to practice her Kung-Fu, but it makes me smile from ear to ear every time she does it. I still can't believe I have a daughter- it makes me tear up just thinking about the bond that my mother and I share, all of the time that we spent together when I was growing up, how much she means to me now- and I hope, with all my heart, that Bean and I can share that connection as she grows. Blade has been wonderfully supportive throughout the past five months; he finally got to feel her kick for the first time a couple nights ago and his face lit up. He is such a wonderful partner and is going to make a fantastic father, I feel so blessed to have fallen in love with a man who is so warm and genuine. I am slowly but surely falling into the nesting stage, and I'm sure it is driving him up a wall. Thus far (with his help) I have finished painting the lower floor of the bedroom, and have to finish the touch ups on the loft so Blade can move his office upstairs. I picked out nursery colors as well, and am very surprised at myself for going such a girly direction.


It's hard to get a good visual of the colors in the picture, but Opal Cream is a very light yellow and Juicy Passionfruit is an orangey coral color. I'm doing the base of the room in the yellow, with a coral Herringbone accent wall, back nook wall, and height chart. I think it will be light and airy, girly, but easy to decorate. Floating shelves with a hanging birch branch in the far right corner for knick-knacks and cute clothes, a navy and gold accent dresser underneath my father's large antique mirror for a changing station, and white ruffled curtains for the window and reading nook. Blade is going to install some lights in the nook as well, so she can have a little spot to curl up in and explore. I think that she will love her room, and I will love to be with her in there. I just can't wait to get started... I want to hold my little girl right now!

Our last appointment was short and sweet. I have officially started to gain weight, which takes some of my stress away. I was worried that babygirl wasn't getting enough nutrients since I kept losing weight instead of gaining, but she is growing at a great rate (weighed in around 11 oz) and her heartbeat is stronger than ever. Because she was so tightly balled up during the ultrasound last week, they couldn't get all the measurements done that they needed to, so we have another appointment the same day as our next follow up- in about three weeks. I honestly don't mind, it just means that we get another chances to see her sonograms :) It's hard to believe that it's more than half way over, only about 19 weeks left! (I keep seeing countdowns until Christmas, and it makes me more excited than usual for my favorite holiday. I think it was fate that I get to bring my daughter into the world during my favorite time of year. This will be the best Christmas I've ever had.)

Now onto the real issue at hand: what are we going to name her? We both like odd, strong names, but we are having a hard time staying with one. Right now, the two top contenders are 'Atticus' and 'Indie'. Both are beautiful and strong, and a little girl can grow up to be a great woman with either name. I like the name Indigo with Indie as a nickname, but Blade prefers the latter alone. Atticus is awesome as well (Atti for short). We have quite a bit of time but I'm chomping at the bit trying to get the perfect name for her.. I'll give it some more thought.

Pregnancy Update
How far along: 21 weeks

Symptoms: My sciatic nerve has still been proving an issue, but I don't think Bean has much to do with it. As I was typing this, I had a random wave of nausea, but other than that my stomach has been fine. A bit of weepiness now and again for no reason- and I am still sobbing like a weirdo if I laugh too hard- but my libido is finally making an appearance again! Sleeping has been less of an issue, I'm starting to find a comfort zone easier, but getting up to pee about 3 times a night is a pain. Still smooth sailing thus far.

Cravings: I don't think I'm really having any actual cravings, at least nothing more than I had before I was pregnant. On occasion I get a case of the crunchies and want something salty, the chips are doing their job.

Adversions: None

Excited for: Our mini vacation to Nebraska next weekend for Ethan's wedding. Lord knows Blade and I need to get away for a little bit.

Movement: It seems like it happens all day, every day now. She is such a strong little girl- I love feeling her popping around in there. I can finally feel her with my hand on my belly; she kicks hard enough for other people to feel now too.

Belly button: The top seems to be pushed out a little bit, but I think that's my own fault. I may or may not have tried to put my belly button ring back in the other day and tore some skin that is currently healing. I hope it doesn't close, getting that redone is going to hurt.

Sleep: Still tossing and turning but I'm getting a better night's sleep now that Miss Bean is finding a happy position. If only I could hold it all night, the bathroom breaks are what is interrupting me so much.

Exercise: I had to miss one yoga class because of the head cold, but went back yesterday and I am feeling the burn today. I really enjoy yoga, I just wish I were more flexible. I am going to start a daily stretching routine today, which will hopefully help in class and with my pinched nerve. I'm still just taking it easy until after I have the baby... I always push it too far and I don't want to risk hurting either of us while I'm so fragile.

Missing this week: Tiffany!! She was away in Paris for a wedding so we missed out on our coffee date last week. But the good news is that Gordon finally proposed! I am so happy for her, can't wait to catch up this week. I miss going out with my girls a lot- Andi is in Chicago, Vikki's kids just started back at school... I can't wait for my first girl's night after Bean.

[Week 21.1]
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment