March 28, 2015

Dates Out and Nights In

Every new mom will probably agree with me on one big thing: as much as you love your drooly little monster, sometimes you just need a break! As Atti gets bigger and more independent, Mama has been able to spread her wings a little bit and get rid of some of the cabin fever that has been accumulating since the baby was born. I love my little bug more than life itself, but I have to remember that I am more than just a mom, I am a woman who needs some time with her friends and loved ones. So that is exactly what I've been doing!


Thanks to a handful of some very awesome women, I have been able to enjoy some wine on the patio (and the couch...and the kitchen...) and have some much need conversation and laughs. It is a breath of fresh air to have friends who know that I have a baby and help work around my needs and theirs to make sure that we can still have some girl time. The baby enjoys the fresh faces and my arms enjoy a break from carrying and bouncing her around.


Also, since the baby has been doing so well with company and traveling, Blade took the two of us out to a romantic date last night to the new Cleaver & Cork in PNL! We both got to get a little fancy and she was an absolute angel the entire time. She stayed awake long enough to get loved on by Andrew Olsen and friends that work there, and then fell asleep by the time our entrees showed up and stayed that way until we left. It was really nice to have a night out with my loves without any fussing or having to worry about feeding her every five minutes. This parenting thing may be starting to get a little easier!


These two make my heart melt. I am a very happy lady. <3
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment