I can't believe it's only been three months and at the same time it seems to be flying by. Atticus is getting longer every day, still a teeny tiny thing though. She's still only fitting in some of the 0-3 month clothes and even some newborn stuff still, but she's growing out of things fast! Her little personality is starting to shine through- mornings are my favorite because she wakes up so happy and smiley, it melts my heart. I usually spend a good 30 minutes or so just rolling around with her in our bed making faces and flipping her back and forth. She is so strong- holds her head up doing baby push ups and constantly wants to be standing up, those little legs are always stiff. And we have gotten to the point where everything she touches has to be taste tested, including daddy's hands.
The best thing so far is that she has been learning to self-soothe by sucking her thumb, finger curled over the nose and everything. Besides being the most adorable thing I've ever seen, it's been a big help in getting her to sleep easier. She's going to bed around 9-9:30 every night and sleeping until about 1-2:00 without waking to feed, so Blade and I have gotten to sleep without the Bean in the bed for a while in the beginning of the night now. I forgot how great it is to sleep on my belly and not worry about crushing a child. I bring her into bed with us after that middle of the night feeding, more out of convenience than anything since she wakes up every 2 hours after that to eat again. Soon, fingers crossed, we can cut out a feeding or two and have a baby that really sleeps all night!
Being a mom has been the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done, for sure- but it's worth every second when I get that ear-to-ear grin first thing in the morning. She doesn't have another check up until next month, so I'll do a full update with weight then. Our big girl need to plump up a little bit, but other than that she is happy and healthy as can be!


0 comments:
Post a Comment