March 13, 2015

Sunshine brings out the babes.

Living in the Midwest can be a real drag during the heavy parts of winter, but weeks like this one make it all worth it. It has been in the 70-72 degree range for almost a full week and Atticus and I have been taking full advantage of it. Since she has (literally) spent her entire almost three month life indoors, Mama packed up the stroller and introduced her to some sunshine.
On Tuesday, we went and met up with Tim and Sierra at Loose Park. She didn't really know how to deal with all the brightness, even with her adorable little hat keeping her face shaded. But she laughed and played on the blanket with the two of them until she started to get sleepy, at which point I turned our day out into an excuse to work out and walked her a complete lap around the park (which comes out to be about three miles). We went home and played some more and she slept like a champ afterward! I stayed out in the sunlight for a while, I even let the kitties in the yard for a little. Everyone deserves a little fresh air sometimes.



On Wednesday I took the little monster down to River Market and got some lunch with friends and then walked around for about an hour with Andrew Daley. Atti slept through most of the trip which was nice. We even went out later that evening to visit Daddy in the Caboose at Harry's and then to see Sierra at Char Bar to grab some food to go. She was a doll the whole time, poor girl got picked up and cuddled by just about everyone we walked by!


Thursday we went and got some lunch at Barrel so I could show her off to my coworkers and then we napped with the kitties with the windows open for a few long hours. Tiffany called and invited us out to dinner, so Atti got her first sushi date with the girls. Nara was the perfect spot to bring the baby- big booths, nice ambiance, and lots of color for the baby to enjoy. She even fell asleep on me toward the end and stayed passed out on the car ride home. It felt so good to be able to go out and not have to worry that someone else is having to watch her. Plus, I love spending time with my little munchkin, so I'd rather kill two birds with one stone and be able to tote her along with me!


I didn't realize how much being stuck indoors was putting a damper on my happy level, and how much fun I could have with my mini. She really enjoyed being out and about, and it definitely helped her sleep a little longer in the evening- poor thing was pooped from all the new sights and sounds. I'm getting more and more comfortable feeding in public and getting the hang of having a baby in tow. This summer is going to be fantastic, I can feel it!
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment