Well as annoying as it was waiting for almost two hours in the very ghetto waiting room at Truman Medical Center, it was nice to hear that I was pregnant from a medical professional. The bad news is that I found out that my estimated due date (which can fluctuate) is Christmas Eve. I do not want to spend my favorite holiday in sever pain, huffing and puffing and hating my baby daddy while pushing a small person out of my lily; not ideal at all. But I don't really have a choice in the matter, Bean is going to get here when it gets here. (I know it doesn't sound right saying it, but 'they' or 'he/she' sounds silly and technically it's both right now for another couple of months.
Next step: I have to meet with a nurse to get my blood work done on the 16th (about 3.5 weeks), and then two weeks later I will get to have my first prenatal exam and meet our doctor. Which means that I get to spend the next month and a half figuring all of this shit out on my own (with the help of Blade and books, of course) and slowly get fat. Oh what fun. Blade is handling things quite well, although he could be a little more sensitive to how un-Godly sensitive I am right now and that would make things go a little bit smoother. But I am very happy and proud that he will be with me on this new chapter in our lives.
Things that I already miss: cigarettes, bourbon, hot dogs (which I don't normally eat, but want now that I can't have them), sushi, and wine. I have been told to avoid herbal tea, but I have to have some sort of something to use in place of my vices so I am debating that. But I only have 35 weeks to go right? I can do it?
(Week 4:6)
April 22, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment