April 20, 2014

So guess what I'm making...

A baby.

Blade and I found out yesterday that I am, in fact, pregnant. I'm about six days late, my boobs hurt like hell, and I've been having the mood swings that my mother did when she went through menopause. So naturally we decided to grab one of those fancy tests, and both came back positive. I actually don't like the new age ones; mine didn't have a line or two as indicators, it just says YES+ or NO-... which is more of a slap in the face if you weren't expecting it. We are both terrified, honestly; I started crying immediately and Blade laughed out of shock. We took some time to think about it and decided that we were going to go the grown up route and keep the baby- who is to be called Bean until further notice. I'm going to tell our families today, which I think will be happy on my side of the family (maybe with the exception of Wilma) and less so on Blade's side. Shannon and Doug already have a premarital grandchild that she is raising quite a bit of the time. But we shall see.

In the mean time, I already miss booze and cigarettes, but have picked up yoga and jogging. I refuse to be a fat mom and I want to be able to snap back after Bean pops out. All the money that I'll save on going out will be nice, though, and I have a feeling I will be in better shape before I start to show than I was before I got pregnant. Estimated due date (from my own calculations) is looking to be around Christmas, so I have plenty of time to keep this updated and give all of my followers (aka myself) the day to day on this new journey. I'm absolutely scared out of my mind, but happy that I'm bringing a new life into this world with an awesome man, a supportive family, and wonderful friends to back me up.

Welcome to the world, Bean!

(Week 4:5)
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment