February 26, 2015

Update: Two Months


Baby Update!!
How old: 9 weeks

Weight & length: 9 pounds, 14 ounces and 23 inches long

Feeding: Still on a the booby-juice train and regularly taking bottles from dad when I'm gone. I've gotten less severe about pumping and almost ran out so I have to force myself to start doing the feed'n'pump routine again. I feel like I will forever be a slave to the boob, but the little monster is so healthy!! She hasn't gained a huge amount of weight, but she has definitely gotten longer! Her cute little bunny onesie has turned into some capri pants.

Sleep: As of two days ago, we have started putting her down in the crib and it's looking good! We moved her crib mattress down to the couch for about a week so she would get used to the feel of the mattress without the shock of not being around us, and that worked great. Baby girl is sleeping soundly in her nursery right now, this will be the first night not in our bed and I'm trying to stay positive! Fingers crossed for sure.

Dirty Stuff: We figured out that the screaming cry that she has been doing while feeding is NOT her tummy, but her fighting falling asleep (girl has FOMO like nobody's business) which makes me feel better knowing she isn't in any pain. Less poopy diapers, still steady with wet ones, and she is a gassy little thing (I've been trying to keep away from certain foods but it doesn't seem to matter).

The loves of my life. I'm a very lucky lady.

Milestones: I almost have a little rollie-polie on my hands; Atti can roll from her back to her side and vice versa. She's not fully flipping over yet, but soon enough. Blade has nicknamed her "Scooter" because she kicks those chubby little legs during tummy time and manages to scoot all around on her face. She can hold her head up on her own now, which the doctor noted was really great and ahead of speed! And my favorite part... THE SMILING! Full ear to ear, gummy grin, smiling for mommy and daddy... I love it so much and I can't wait to get some giggling out- we've got all the makings of a talker, she coos and babbles constantly.

Upcoming: If the weather would ever get back to decent around here, I'm really excited to be able to take her out for walks in the stroller. We've made a few trips out of the house- I even successfully went to Trader Joe's with her- but it would be nice to be able to go out more and introduce her to the world. We have a few baby showers coming up next month for Rhiannon and Lauren that I am going to bring her to, so that should be fun. All in all, I just want to start letting the little monster figure out the world- poor thing has been locked in a house her whole (two month) life!!!

She's definitely got my eyebrow game going! Look at that attitude!

My sweet baby girl! 
Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment