February 25, 2015

Update: PP Progress and Atti at Two Months

Things have been a whirlwind the past couple weeks, hence the gap in posts, but I am finally getting a chance to breathe for a day or two. Between school full time and now working two jobs (I'm starting to grab shifts across the street at Barrel 31 in addition to The Drop, which may be a full transition come summer), I have been a busy bee. Thankfully I have an amazing partner in Blade, and some great friends and family that are helping me juggle the working mom/student lifestyle I managed to fall into.

Some postpartum updates! Not only did I not have time to make any posts the past two weeks, but I also haven't had time for the gym. I'm ashamed to say it's been probably since right after my last post that I stepped foot in there, but I've been doing my best to continue to eat healthy and stay active. I'm on my feet constantly with work, and walking the baby, so that helps. Here are my eight week postpartum pictures, I'm still seeing some progress and I'm SO CLOSE to fitting in my pre-pregnancy jeans, so I am staying hopeful and very happy with how I look.



I still have my line on my tummy, but it's fading along with the pooch!


Thanks to a two day break from work (and my tax refund $$$), I got a chance to go to Trader Joe's and stock up for the next couple weeks. I did my Monday Meal Prep yesterday and basically stayed along the same lines of what I did the last prep (which you can find here), adding some brussel sprouts and some Weight Watchers Fudge Bars to the mix. I also traded out my waffle and banana breakfast with my original oatmeal one because I haven't found a waffle I really enjoy. I also made sure to pre-package all of my meals for the next couple days because finding the time to heat up everything separately has been a challenge, so I'm going for super convenience.
Baked chicken, sweet potato, and broccoli for dinner this month.
Atti update: We have ourselves a two month old!! She has been a real treat this month- the smiles are getting bigger and the coos and giggles are getting louder. I love watching her play and seeing how she's starting to interact with her surroundings, myself and her dad included. She can recognize our voices now and perks up when one of us walks into the room. Sad news is that she has officially started growing out of the Newborn clothes and into the 0-3 month outfits; I don't want her to grow up already! But man, is she sprouting up quick!! She is still eating like a champ, no problems in the breast feeding area. The main trouble we're having now is getting her to sleep. She's been using me as a pacifier, I feel like a slave to the boob now. Today we are attempting to put her down in the crib when she's sleepy, letting her fuss for up to 15 minutes, and then going in to soothe her and lay her back down. Thus far, we've gone in once already and managed to calm her down, and she's back to the screaming match. Hopefully it doesn't take too many days of this to get her to sleep soundly on her own. I hate hearing her cry, but at this point we have to do something drastic to get her to stop using me as a prop. We have her next check up tomorrow, so maybe Dr. Martin can give us some pointers on getting our sweet little monster to stop living up to her name!

Baby wearing is fantastic when I need to get things done. Plus, who wouldn't love this view!



Share This:    Facebook Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment